anpoderrei Index du Forum

anpoderrei
Lennart Hilbert

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

comeback she started nearly a year ago

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    anpoderrei Index du Forum -> dertapapo -> dertapapo
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lw789

Masculin Bélier (21mar-19avr) 牛 Buffle

MessagePosté le: Jeu 8 Nov - 09:00 (2018)    Sujet du message: comeback she started nearly a year ago Répondre en citant

WASHINGTON -- The NFL is prepared to meet with an Indian tribe pushing for the Washington Redskins to drop the teams nickname. Just not this week. As league owners gathered Monday in the nations capital for their fall meetings, the Oneida Indian Nation held a symposium across town to promote their "Change the Mascot" campaign. Oneida representative Ray Halbritter said the NFL was invited to attend. Instead, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said, a meeting has been scheduled for next month -- and could happen sooner. "We respect that people have differing views," McCarthy said. "It is important that we listen to all perspectives." He said the Redskins name is not on the agenda for the owners meetings. Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed to keep the name, and an AP-GfK poll conducted in April found that nearly 4 in 5 Americans dont think the team should change its name. Its a topic generating discussion lately, though. President Barack Obama said in an interview with The Associated Press last week that he would "think about changing" the teams name if he were the owner. Halbritter called that statement "nothing less than historic" and said the teams nickname is "a divisive epithet ... and an outdated sign of division and hate." Addressing the NFL, Halbritter said: "It is hypocritical to say youre Americas pastime but not represent the ideals of America." U.S. Rep. Betty McCollum, D-Minn., said the league and team are "promoting a racial slur" and "this issue is not going away." For years, a group of American Indians has tried to block the team from having federal trademark protection, and Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton, the District of Columbias envoy to Congress, predicted Monday that effort eventually will succeed. "This name is going to go into the dustbin of history," she said. Lanny Davis, a lawyer who said hes been advising Snyder on the name issue for "at least several months," said in a telephone interview after the symposium: "The Washington Redskins support peoples feelings, but the overwhelming data is that Native Americans are not offended and only a small minority are." Davis also said the campaign is "showing selective attention" by focusing on the Redskins and not teams such as the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs, NHLs Chicago Blackhawks, or Major League Baseballs Cleveland Indians and Atlanta Braves. Earlier, Halbritter was asked about those other nicknames. "The name of Washingtons team is a dictionary-defined, offensive racial epithet. Those other names arent," Halbritter said. "But there is a broader discussion to be had about using mascots generally." Players for the Redskins have remained mostly silent on the topic, including star quarterback Robert Griffin III, who recently called the debate "something way above my understanding." Some players approached in the locker room Monday avoided addressing the subject altogether. "Its really tough. And I mean this sincerely: I get both sides of the argument," guard Chris Chester said. "I see how it can offend some people, but I feel like the context that this organization has, theres no negative connotation. You wouldnt name your team something you didnt have respect for. At least I wouldnt. I mean, I understand, too, that it offends some people, so I sympathize with both sides." Cheap College Jerseys . -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. Cheap NCAA Jerseys Free Shipping . -- Pelicans coach Monty Williams does not expect guard Eric Gordon to play in any of New Orleans final five games this season. http://www.collegewholesalejerseys.com/.Y. - Alex Rodriguez paid $305,000 for evidence that could be used in the case involving the Biogenesis of America drug clinic, the Daily News reported Saturday. College Jerseys From China . The 10-year deal the league and players agreed to that ended the 2011 lockout gave either side the right to opt out after six years. With the league projecting financial growth, there has been speculation that players will take that option in three years, especially since a new national TV contract will be in place by then. Discount NCAA Jerseys .com) - Even on the day his New Hampshire football team became the nations top-ranked team two weeks ago, coach Sean McDonnell conceded something about the team they replaced at No.Kara Langs brave bid to return to Canadas womens soccer team is over. The 27-year-old from Oakville, Ont., has suffered a third devastating knee injury, ending an attempted comeback she started nearly a year ago. Lang tweeted the news early Thursday morning. "2 days after being cleared to train w/ #CanWNT my knee literally exploded yesterday. Ive torn just about everything you can in a knee," Lang wrote. The former national team star striker launched a comeback last March nearly two years after two torn ACLs forced her to walk away from the game at the age of 24, tearfully announcing her retirement at a news conference in Oakville. She put her broadcasting career on hold last March in hopes of returning to the game, and then spent three weeks out of every month in Montreal training with athletic therapists, in a total "rebuild" -- a tedious breaking down-building up process meant to prevent her from reinjuring her knee. She joined the womens residency program in Vancouver in the fall. "Thank UU to everyone whos been there for me along this crazy trip.dddddddddddd Staying positive b/c I have the best support system anyone could ask for," Lang tweeted Thursday. The five-foot-eight striker, known for her booming shot, scored 34 goals in 92 games, and played in two World Cups -- in 2003 and 2007 -- as well as the 2008 Beijing Olympics. "Its just kind of one of those things where I have to try it," Lang told The Canadian Press last summer. "Nothing is guaranteed when you really look at it. I just need to know that I tried." Having Lang back in the lineup would have been a big boost for Canadas World Cup campaign, and great news to the fans whove followed the five-foot-eight striker since she was part of Canadas silver-medal performance at the FIFA U-19 world championships in Edmonton in 2002. Lang, who was 15 at that tournament, scored three goals in six games. Shes also the youngest player to be named to the national senior side, making her debut at 15 in March of 2002. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

AIM
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 8 Nov - 09:00 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    anpoderrei Index du Forum -> dertapapo -> dertapapo Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation